Kuroda Electric Czech, s.r.o.
Last updated 06.4.2021
We thank you for visiting our website.
Please review carefully this privacy notice.
This summary contains important information about KURODA and particularly describes the reasons for collection, storing, usage and sharing your personal data and in what manner this occurs. It defines your rights in relation to your personal data and provides contacts in the event you have a complaint. We, in KURODA, shall always use and process your personal data in a confidential manner and solely in accordance with the law.
1. KURODA´S COMMITTMENT
The KURODA group is strongly committed to protecting personal data. The KURODA group consists of the entities listed in link: https://www.kuroda-group.com/hd/en/. The KURODA group (“Group”), including Kuroda Electric Czech, s.r.o., collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal data about you ("personal data"). The Group members are data controllers under the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") and the Czech data protection legislation.
2. SCOPE OF THE POLICY´S APPLICATION
This policy explains how shall we use, store and share your personal data. It applies to any personal data that we may collect about you when you:
- provide services or goods to us;
- purchase goods or services from us;
- visit our premises;
- visit our website;
- carry out product testing for us;
- attend a marketing event with our business presence;
- use any of our websites;
- contact us or when we contact you, including contacts via social media;
- or otherwise get in touch with us and provide your personal data
This policy applies to the following website: https://www.kuroda-group.eu/
3. SCOPE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA USED BY US
a. Information provided by you
We may collect your personal data when you provide it to us by filling in forms on our websites, or by corresponding with us by phone, face-to-face, email or otherwise (e.g. through LinkedIn). We may also collect your personal data when you are in search of information about our products and services and warranty issues or the context of market research or marketing activities.
Your personal data may include your name, email, billing and delivery addresses, gender, contact telephone number, occupation, industry sector, and details of any comments or feedback which you provide to us.
We may also maintain records of any mutual communications and details of transactions conducted with you.
b. Information that we may collect about you
We may collect from you:
- information about services and goods that you provide to us;
- information about your purchasing habits and patterns when you purchase goods from us;
- information about you when you send us a message on social media such as LinkedIn. This may include your name and images;
- details of your visits to our websites.
- information about your visits to our sites.
- information about you obtained at marketing events hosted by third parties (fair trades etc.). This may include your photo or video footage. Such images may be used for promotional purposes.
c. Third-party information
We may receive personal data about you from other sources such as warehouse operators of our products or other third parties who work with us in connection with our websites (IT support etc.) and services or our customers.
d. Job applications
We may collect information from you and about you when you apply for one of our vacancies.
e. Cookies - valid for the Czech Republic only
4. MODES OF USING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use your personal data as follows:
- to improve our operations and comply with our contractual obligations;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our websites, if requested by you;
- to conduct marketing related sales analysis and research;
- to comply with any applicable legal and regulatory obligations;
- to solve disputes and enforce our contractual or other rights;
- to assist with the prevention and detection of crime;
- to update you about changes to our goods and services;
- to provide customer support;
- to analyze your spending and buying habits when purchasing goods from us to improve our own goods and services;
- to administer our websites and our apps and for internal operations;
- to protects our operations, assets and staff and customers visiting our premises;
- to process your requests and to offer you support
Subject to your consent, we may keep you informed about our products and news. You may unsubscribe or write to our Data Security Officer if you no longer wish to obtain such information by using the contact details in section 13.
We may use your personal data on an anonymized basis to create statistics and anonymized information which we then share with third parties.
5. CONDITIONS OF USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your consent: Your consent that we may send you marketing messages by email, SMS message or telephone about us and our products and offers. You always have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Legitimate interest: It is in our legitimate interest to collect your personal data which provide us with the information that we need to provide our services in line with our contractual obligations. We must always complete the so-called “balancing test” of our interests in using your personal data against the interests and the rights you have under the data protection laws.
Compliance with certain legal obligations: As entity established under the laws of the Czech Republic, we are obliged to comply with the Czech law. In particular, we will need to process your personal data to verify your identity and to verify your source of funds for anti-money laundering and fraud purposes. We cannot sell your data to third party marketing companies without your consent and store them in certain jurisdictions.
Contract performance: We will need to collect and process your personal data in the context of our mutual transactions.
6. TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
a. Cross-border transfers
If we process your personal data, your personal data may be transferred to and stored outside the country where you are located. This includes countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and countries that do not have laws that provide specific protection for personal data.
Where we collect your personal data within the EEA, transfer outside the EEA will be only:
- to a recipient located in a country which provides an adequate level of protection for your personal data; and/or
- under an agreement which satisfies EU requirements for the transfer of personal data to data processors or data controllers outside the EEA, such as standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission.
b. Data Sharing under Japanese Law
In accordance with Japanese law, KURODA may share your personal data by the Japanese headquarters and the Group affiliates (including Kuroda Electric Czech, s.r.o.) within the framework of data sharing under the Act on Protection of Personal Information in Japan.
7. YOUR RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your basic rights under data protection law are defined below. You may contact us to exercise any of the following rights:
- to access your personal data kept by us;
- to require us to correct any inaccurate personal data kept by us;
- to require us to restrict our processing of personal data held by us about you (e.g. if you contest the accuracy of your personal data held by us or where we no longer need to use the personal data to achieve the initial purpose);
- require us to erase personal data kept by us particularly in the event that we no longer need to use the personal data for the purpose we collected it for or if you withdraw your consent where we were using your personal data based on your consent;
- to receive any personal data which we process about you where this is technically feasible;
- to object to our processing of personal data held by us about you where the processing of such data is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests;
- to withdraw your consent, where we are relying on it to use your personal data (for example, to provide you with marketing information about our services or products);
8. DURATION OF STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will generally retain the personal data that we collect about you for the period necessary to process such personal data, except to the extent that we are required by law to retain the data for a longer period of time, in which case we will retain it for the period required by law. When your data are no longer required for the purposes listed above, we will delete it within the periods set out below.
In particular, any marketing consents will be refreshed/deleted after 12 months or can be withdrawn by you at any time. Marketing emails and other communications where possible will typically be deleted after 24 months, unless we are required for legal and regulatory purposes to retain such communications for a longer period.
Any other information will be retained for up to 5 years from the data of our last positive interaction with you, for legal and regulatory purposes. This data is archived where we have had no interaction with you for a period of 12 months or such period as required by special laws.
Subject to your consent, we may keep you informed about our products and news. You may unsubscribe or write to our Data Security Officer if you no longer wish to obtain such information by using the contact details in section 16.
10. OTHER POSSIBLE RECEIPIENTS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
From time to time, we may need to share your personal data with:
- with the relevant authorities and our advisors for the purposes of investigating any actual or suspected criminal activity or other regulatory or legal matters;
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or with you (website and hosting service and process personal data providers etc.);
- members of our Group and third-party suppliers and service providers for the purposes listed above under section 3 above (e.g. where we share IT platforms within the Group);
- third party suppliers and service providers to the extent they assist our Group with its legal and regulatory obligations;
11. PLACE OF STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data shall be stored by us on secure information technology systems located in the European Economic Area ("EEA"), which are operated by us or on our behalf by third parties. If we need to transfer your personal data outside of the EEA, these transfers are subject to special data protection laws.
We must alert you that the transmission of information via the internet is not always secure. However, we will do our best to protect your personal data, however, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our websites and any such transmission is at your own risk.
12. PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Our websites use recent industry procedures to protect your personal data. We also protect the security of your data during transmission using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption software.
External service providers
We involve external service providers with tasks such as sales and marketing services, contract management, payment handling, programming and data hosting. We have chosen those service providers carefully and monitor them as to whether they handle of and protect the data that they store carefully. All service providers are obliged to maintain confidentiality and comply with data protection law. Service providers may also be other Group companies.
13. THIRD PARTY SERVICES
KURODA websites may contain links to third-party websites operated by providers that are not associated with us. After you click the link, we no longer have any influence over the collection, storage, or processing of any personal data transmitted by clicking the link (such as IP address or URL of the page that contains the link), as the behavior of third parties is, by nature, beyond our control. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
14. UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If you believe your details are incorrect you can amend your details by contacting us at the address provided below.
15. DETAILS OF THE DATA CONTROLLER
For the purpose of the Czech data protection legislation, the data controller is:
Kuroda Electric Czech, s.r.o.
Škrétova 490, 120 00 Vinohrady, Prague
The Czech Republic
Att. Mr. Jan Jakl, the Data Protection Officer
If you wish to contact us or assert your rights or notify data protection incidents, please use the contacts stated in the "Controller" section. Please state your name, contact information including address.
If you have any concerns regarding our processing of your personal data, or are not satisfied with our handling of any request related to your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Office for Personal Data Protection, seated at: Pplk. Sochora 727/27, Praha, 170 00, the Czech Republic
We reserve the right to change our security and data protection measures. In such cases, we will amend our data protection notice accordingly. Please, therefore, notice the current version of our data protection notice, as this is subject to changes.